Audience: Information workers | Technology: SQL Server | Level: 300
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Before attending this course, students should have a general understanding of relational databases and reporting. An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable. Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization
- Implement the Power BI service
- Describe how to connect to Excel data
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data
- Connect directly to data stores
- Describe the Power BI developer API
- Describe the Power BI mobile app
|Module 1: Power BI Desktop Data Transformations|
|Module 2: Power BI Desktop Modeling|
|Module 3: Power BI Desktop Visualization|
|Module 4: Power BI Service|
|Module 5: Working with Excel|
|Module 6: Organization Content Packs, Security, and groups|
|Module 7: Direct Connectivity|
|Module 8: Developer API|
|Module 9: Power BI mobile app|