Audience: IT Professionals | Technology: Visual Studio | Level: 200 | Exam: 70-410
This MOC On-Demand course is one in a series of courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
|Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012|
|Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services|
|Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects|
|Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration|
|Module 5: Implementing IPv4|
|Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol|
|Module 7: Implementing DNS|
|Module 8: Implementing IPv6|
|Module 9: Implementing Local Storage|
|Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services|
|Module 11: Implementing Group Policy|
|Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects|
|Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V|