Audience: IT Professionals | Technology: SQL Server | Level: 300
This self-paced MOC On-Demand course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additional it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals
- Basic knowledge of data analytics equivalent to having attended course 10994
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard
- Explore and extend an Excel data model
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions
- Create data visualizations in Excel
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel